* Museums and Libraries
* Fairs and Feasts
Milagre Church XVIth century
|Dating back to the
l2th/l3th century but rebuilt in the l6th
century, the former church of St. Estevão became
a beautiful temple of three naves, with wooden
ceiling and tuscan columns which date back to the
l6th and l7th centuries.
The church keeps the holy ampulla where the
miraculous host is kept, and has also four
beautiful paintings representing the holy
miracle, which happened in the l3th century.
On the walls there are beautiful glazed tiles
from the l6th and l7th centuries.
On the right side is the grave of princess Maria
da Assunção, sister of D. Miguel, who died in
1833 during the civil war.
ln the middle of the church there are two graves
with coat of arms, one of João Cunha Oliveira
and the other of Francisco Franco (l643) and
others which are difficult to identify.